Saturday 17 May 2014

Delicious

Quilting (and, in fact, productivity of any kind) has slowed to a crawl here recently. Six migraines (so far) within a fortnight tends to have that effect! Fortunately I have some pretty good medication which means migraines aren't the dreadful nightmare they could be - unless I don't get to them in time. But I am left wiped out, headachy and with swimmy vision for a few days, none of which are conducive to quilting, family life, work - or anything but getting sick of resting.


Anyway, it's been two full days and then some since the last one hit, and with fingers crossed, today I've been tinkering with applique preparation and this delicious pile of batiks - nothing which requires too much concentration just yet.

5 comments:

M-R Charbonneau said...

I feel your pain, Emma! Hopefully they are done for a while and you can get back to doing what you love. :)

Helen@Till We Quilt Again said...

Hope this doesn't happen often. And hopefully look around in your stash relieves the discomfort of the down sewing time. Your fabrics are lovely!

Milly said...

I love this stack of fabrics Emma. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

CitricSugar said...

You have my sincerest empathy when it comes to the migraines. I get them with the weather changes so spring is the worst, though fall is a close second.

Take care!

eva said...

17th of May....
was a very special day....
migraines!!! OH dear.... they really should be illegal!! no one should have to endure a single migraine in their life...
i've had my share of them, and have managed to control them a bit....
LOVE your blog....
amazing work you do..
xoxo
eva