Sunday 13 April 2014

Autumn sun

I started quilting this afternoon, and was bathed in gorgeous autumn sunlight - enough to cast a rare shadow from the needle:


The sunlight has now long-gone, but I need this  quilt tomorrow, so had better keep going!


After a small amount of ditch and detail quilting, I chose to quilt swirls, my only challenge was working out the thread colours to match the different and changing gradient fabrics. I ended up choosing five glossy Glide threads in dusky burgundy, rich blue, pink, aqua and pale blue.


I decided to quilt in the ditch between the gradient strips, to keep the seams nice and straight. While the end result isn't ideal (some of the stitching can be seen), it has certainly achieved the desired result - well worth the effort (especially as there weren't too many!).

The post "Autumn sun" was posted on www.sampaguitaquilts.blogspot.com on 13/4/14.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

I can't wait to see this!