Friday 17 August 2012

Quilting peeks

There's nothing much new to show on the quilting I'm doing, but when I was backing up my photos (by the way, my email files going back to January are irretrievably lost - I'm horrified!) I came across the photos of the quilting I did on Winter Windows. It won't be out in Australian Patchwork and Quilting for another 6 weeks or so, but I can't help but share a few peeks at the quilting.


Above shows my first attempt at filling the outwards-pointing border triangles; I did two this way, then unpicked them and replaced it with the curved cross-hatching pattern shown below:


I marked the line start and finish points (by eye - no measuring or templates) then drew in the curves (some still visible above) - also freehand - then quilted, although I didn't always follow the lines accurately (sometimes on purpose, sometimes not!).

More peeks to follow, beacuse I can't help myself!

No comments: