Tuesday 8 May 2012

Basking

This evening I'm basking in the glow (seriously, it lights the room!) of the halogen heater James and Eleanor gave me for my birthday. It's wonderfully warm to sit in front of, and does a good job of warming the room generally, too. (At my request, my gift from Simon is a weekend at a Lisa Walton Textured Treasures workshop in a few weeks.)

(from the back - such cute fabric!)
Having finished the pebbled triangles, I set the quilt aside yesterday, with the intention of working on a customer quilt. But I've come down with yet another cold, and didn't think the customer would appreciate my nose dripping over it! This evening, after spending the day in bed, and dosing myself on cold and flu tablets, I've made a start on it. It's amazing how light a quilt with a single layer of batting feels after hanging one with a double layer!

2 comments:

FlourishingPalms said...

Oh, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well again. It seems you're pretty susceptible, doesn't it? So glad you showed this quilt. That design is just perfect for an I Spy quilting I'm heading to the machine to quilt... right now! Thanks for sharing and such great timing!

thehummingcat said...

Glad your heaters been upgraded, will bring Muffin with me for our next visit.