Friday 26 August 2011

Selling

I've been thinking for a while now about trying to sell my Beach and Tree quilt patterns through quilt shops (either online or bricks-and-mortar), but have no idea of how to go about this. Has anyone with some experience in this got any advice for me? Do I just start emailing shops, or sending them copies? How are costs/charges worked out? What sort of volume is required? Should I be looking at printing my patterns differently? (currently I print the instructions myself and get the pattern sheets done at a copy place, then put them together myself) Is it even cost-effective? What else should I know?

Speaking of selling, I'm also listing a few more of my quilts on Etsy - the quilts below will be going up in the coming days. I don't really need to keep them all, and if I want to upgrade my sewing machine, then some sacrifices have to be made! Three of these quilts have been featured in Australian Patchwork and Quilting:


Nurture: 140cm (55.5in) sq, featured in AP&Q Vol 20 No 2

Starburst 115cm (45.5in) sq, featured in AP&Q Vol 19 No 11

Transitions 100 x 105cm (40 x 42in), featured in AP&Q Vol 20 No 6:

Hush & Brush: size 53 x 79cm (21 x 31in):


6 comments:

Quiltbenaco said...

Non so rispondere alle tue domande ma volevo dire che le tue trapunte sono F A N T A S T I C H E!!!!!
Ciao

Laura said...

Have you used PatternSpot? That might be a place to start. www.patternspot.com
BTW, can't remember if I told you but AP&Q said they'd publish my pattern - yay! Thanks for the contact. :)

Ellie said...

I thought this was going to be about selling your house (based on your FB update the other day) because you found another house with the perfect quilting room.

Kate North said...

Wish I had some spare cash - I'd love to own Hush & Brush...

Kate said...

I know this is a bit late, but I've just been reading through some of your posts. I find a lot of pattern designers just email shops with their designs and pricing. You never know your luck :-)

Sandy Panagos said...

OMg, I LOVE this!! Thanks for sharing.