Thursday 9 June 2011

Frustration

I spent yesterday evening sandwiching my quilt. Then as I was finishing, I received a comment, asking what size the quilt was. At 60in square, it occurred to me it was a fairly useless size - too big for a lap or a wall, yet too small an the wrong shape for a bed. So this afternoon I went and bought some fabrics. Then I 'unsandwiched' it all, and have been adding a few borders, which will take it to a loely (and huge) 100 x 92in - king size. I admit I'm not exactly looking forward to 'resandwiching' it - especially at its new and improved size!


In the meantime, just look at the contrast between these folded hand dyed fabrics (above; nothing spectaular) and the gorgeous gradients you see when they're opened out. This was my latest purchase from Vicki's Etsy shop.

Next up is a special order with a 80 x 100in gradient piece to use  as a quilt background.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Incredible fabrics! I will have to take a look at that shop...

Vicki W said...

You are a better woman than me. I'm not sure I'd have the energy for unsandwiching!

I'm glad you are happy with the fabrics! The new one is batching as I type.

Laura said...

I'm reassured that someone as brilliant at quilting as you can make a sizing mistake - it gives me hope as I do it all the time!!!

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I think 60 inch square is perfect for cuddling on the couch!

Mom said...

That's quite a drastic increase in size! I make cuddle quilts 55"x70", and it's just right for 1 person.