Wednesday 2 February 2011

The picture tells the story


Today is James' first day at school!


The new reception children start on Wednesday and are only there from 8.45 - 1.30 for the first week (it's not worth me going to work in that time, so I have a few mornings to myself!)


I made him a tag last night to help him find his bag among loads of others just the same, using fabric scraps from the next quilt he's started to make for Bec.


He's been all excited about starting, and was up and dressed for school early.


He settled into the classroom easily, finding a few friends from kindergarten, and writing the page above - which he then presented to me to take home - "so you don't forget where I am, Mummy"!

3 comments:

Austysmum said...

He looks thrilled, and he matches Austy!! What a great idea to do a fabric tag. I clipped a teddy bear keyring that I got when I was an exchange student on my way to FGinland, otheat I bought at the Singapore airport. I told Austy if he gets scared he can give the bear a hug, and pretend it's a hug from me, because it was my bear (the keyring has been tucked away clipped to my Rotary jacket all these years so just like new). He also has a rocket luggage tag that he picked oiut at the newsagent.

Anonymous said...

Awww, he looks so cute all dressed up for school. We have that to look forward to later in the year (last of my babies to go to school). I have one that has first day of high school tomorrow.

Dana Gaffney said...

Too cute, I love the note. Don't they know we are always thinking about where they are?