Wednesday 9 June 2010

Forest finished

This quilt is all finished, and here's a quick peek showing the quilting from the back - I love it! I love that the afternoon sun coming through shows some of the front through the back. Click on the photo to see some of the quilting detail.
I think this is one of my favourites; both the piecing and quilting, as well as the way it all came together - though it has taken a lot of time. Expect a flurry of photos soon; for now I can't be bothered sorting through and editing them all.

As soon as I can print the label, this will be ready to send to its new owner. At the moment my printer doesn't want to acknowledge the presence of the new colour cartridge, and the old one is empty!

This evening I finished piecing a baby's play quilt from flannels, and am ready to start quilting that - I want to feather all over it. I don't think it will be too much if I keep the feathers a decent size.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! That is gorgeous! Great job!

Joan said...

- THAT_IS_JUST_BEAUTIFUL!! The quitling is fantastic. I would love a flurry of photos :)

Nancy Page said...

Fantastic quilt! Great work, well done. Thank you for sharing. Love the sun coming through the quilt to show the design and the quilting.

Have a super great day.

L.E.I.A said...

Oh! My dial up connection is finished and I can finally see the pics! IT looks beautiful! And jsut so Lauren! So many hidden secrets to find, but so charming and beautiful to look at!, I can't wait for mre photo's!