Tuesday 21 April 2009

Palms

This is a basic Palm block (taken from Electric Quilt).
This is what I've turned it into for my new quilt:
Each new palm block has 38 pieces (why settle for a measly 14?!) and will be foundation-pieced in 4 sections. I need 16 blocks and so far have pieced the 2 side units for each block - here are a few:
I managed to use almost all scraps for the brights, and got about half the white background from scraps, too. I am not looking forward to removing the foundation papers, especially with all those narrow points!

6 comments:

Little Munchkins said...

Can't wait to see the finished quilt. Like all your quilts, I am sure it is going to be amazing.

Mark said...

Oh wow that is going to be spectacular. I love your work!

Calamity Jain said...

That is just lovely. You continue to inspire! - Jain

Isa said...

wauw. It's going to be beautifull

Bunny said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind comment.
I love your paperpieced work looks like a lot of fun. I love paperpiecing.

Unknown said...

Very inspirational, love the colours