Monday 16 February 2009

More

At last the centre of Zoe's quit top is complete. It's 50in across. I just need to add the borders, then can start sandwiching and quilting.
Surprisingly, the blocks in the next 2 photos are the same:

And here's a slightly different star for the Bushfire Quilts Project. I'm not entirely sold on it, although I've done 7 of the planned 35. I really think it would have been better on the white background I'd planned, if only I'd been able to find more white. I might have to try and get to Tricia's and see what she has on Tuesday. Any thoughts?

5 comments:

Purple Paisley Patch said...

I love the red with the black background!

Annieofbluegables said...

They're Gorgeous! You have such an amazing way with color and shape. I am in awe.
~a
(your newest fan)

Anonymous said...

There's more white at my Spotlight that I left on the bolt.

Jilly said...

I love your daughter's quilt. Beautiful work.

What if you put white muslin sashing around the black blocks, if its too much black. On the other hand, can there ever be too much black when you're 14?

Mom said...

I like it. Personally I think the stars look better & more realistic as light on darker background anyhow!