Friday 19 September 2008

Incoming

More fabric on the doorstep when I arrived home today! But with the Aussie dollar dropping against the US$, I'll wait a while before I do any more big overseas orders. I have, however, just made my first purchase from The Humming Mini, and ordered a stack of brilliantly-priced of white-on-whites and neutral from a local online shop.

But back to today's incoming fabric. Stash = 887m. First, a random selection:
A few more beachy fabrics, as my sister-in-law is expecting her second baby, and I'll be making it a quilt to go with Beach (their wedding quilt) and Seaside (their daughter's quilt). I'll wait until I know what they're having before I start designing, but thought these might come in handy!

And 4y of this large-scale print (the photo shows about 20in wide)......to use with a couple of my recent book purchases; this below and it's sequel (blogged here):


I've also attached the binding to Change of Seasons. It just needs hand-stitching to the back, and then I have to wait for the baby to arrive so I can do the label and send it on its long journey!

I'm enjoying having a steam iron again - I'd forgotten just how much faster it is! Our old iron stopped steaming (well, when it did steam, it tripped the safety-switch!) years ago, but we never bothered to replace it, until a couple of weeks ago the soleplate came loose. Within an hour we had a new iron - why did we wait so long?! This binding was pressed in no time!

3 comments:

Cylie said...

Love those blacks and whites! The stripey binding is also fantastic, can't wait to see what you do with it.

Helen said...

Stripey binding looks good Em! I want to see a pict of the new sexy iron!

Belinda said...

Lovely fabric, I especially like the blacks you have.