Friday 4 July 2008

Deja vu?

Eleanor gets to have her quilt and eat it, too!
I spent hours today colouring icing, then rolling it out and cutting it into miniscule pieces. In what is both my most and least original 'quilt', I've replicated Eleanor's Quilt in icing for her birthday cake. I even used quilting rulers to help cut it straight and mark the guiding grid on the base - but drew the line at dirtying my rotary cutter! I'm pretty proud of my efforts.
It's on a marzipan base, and I'll place it on the square chocolate cake and ice the rest in white frosting tomorrow. In the meantime, I'm admiring it!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That marzipan quilt is a real tour de force!

Andee said...

This looks awesome! What talent you have!

Unknown said...

Wow! You really are way too clever! Hope you have a wonderful birthday party/

Peahen said...

OMGoodness Emma, that is amazing. You are indeed very talented. I can't get over that, what a devine idea.

Helen said...

Oh Wow Emma! How special is this cake! Lovely idea! Happy birthday Elenor too!

Helen said...

Sorry, I spelt Eleanor's name wrong. :0

Milly said...

Wow thats takes your love of quilting to a whole new level Emma. It looks fantastic.

Car said...

Wow - that is awesome Emma! Hope Eleanor has a fantastic party and enjoys her cake :)

Dory said...

WOW! that is amazing Emma!!

Kelly said...

Wow! That is amazing Emma!

Mothership said...

You never cease to amaze me Emma! That is just super. I couldn't stand to cut it. Happy birthday to big girl Eleanor. X

Anthea said...

Emma, you have outdone your self again!!!

Juni said...

Wow, what an amazing cake!